On July 12, 2016, Triton Container International Limited and TAL International Group, Inc. combined in an all-stock merger under the newly created Triton International Limited.
We are the world's largest lessor of intermodal containers and chassis. Intermodal containers are large, standardized steel boxes used to transport freight by ship, rail or truck. Because of the handling efficiencies they provide, intermodal containers are the primary means by which many goods and materials are shipped internationally. Chassis are used for the transportation of containers.
We operate our business in one industry, intermodal transportation equipment, and have two business segments:
- Equipment leasing - we own, lease and ultimately dispose of containers and chassis from our lease fleet, as well as manage containers owned by third parties.
- Equipment trading - we purchase containers from shipping line customers, and other sellers of containers, and resell these containers to container retailers and users of containers for storage or one-way shipment.
We lease multiple types of equipment, including
- Dry freight containers, which are used for general cargo such as manufactured component parts, consumer staples, electronics and apparel
- Refrigerated containers, which are used for perishable items such as fresh and frozen foods
- Special containers, which are used for heavy and oversized cargo such as marble slabs, building products and machinery
- Chassis, which are used for the transportation of containers domestically
- Tank containers, which are used to transport bulk liquid products such as chemicals
Triton Container Sales
Triton Container Sales is the global leader in sales of used shipping containers, refrigerated containers, open-top containers, flat-racks, container chassis and IMO tanks. We have been selling, and leasing new and used cargo containers worldwide longer than any other dedicated reseller of shipping containers.
Roll on Roll off Equipment
Triton International Limited is the premier source for leasing and sales of quality shipboard and dockside transport and handling equipment including roll trailers, roll trailer gooseneck attachments and container terminal trailers (Bombcarts).
Spacewise UK Containers
Spacewise is a wholly owned subsidiary of Triton International Limited. Since it was founded in 1989 Spacewise has become established as a leader in the UK container leasing market. Spacewise offers the widest range of container types and specifications available for static storage in the UK. The Spacewise comprehensive range of ambient & temperature controlled containers is supplied on rental terms which are tailored to meet our customers’ specific requirements. Spacewise is committed to continuing development and investment in its fleet and service. Our leadership in the storage container leasing market in the UK was confirmed when Spacewise was selected by the British Olympic Association as the licensed supplier of refrigerated and ambient containers to the London 2012 Games Olympic venues